This page presents information on the ghost town of Tiger, Arizona. We have no contact information for this site.
The ghost town of Tiger, Arizona, also known as Schultz, sits on private property once owned by Magma Copper, near its San Manuel Copper Mine. There are several old mines associated with this location, including the Mammoth Mine and the Mohawk Mine. See our Personal Notes for more details.
The content of this page was accurate on the date of its posting; it may have changed since that time. We recommend that you contact local authorities for current information. Our pages are only intended as a beginning to your journey.
- Mammoth Mine: 3,239 feet
- Mohawk Mine: 3,118 feet
Map Coordinates (NAD83):
- Tiger (Town site): 32 42.423N; 11040.830W.
- Mammoth Mine: 32 42.373N; 110 41.091W
- Mohawk Mine: 32 42.233N; 110 40.889W
Regulations and Precautions
- Backcountry Considerations
- Backcountry Emergencies
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Restrictions and Regulations
- Encountering Wild Animals
- Pets in the Parks and Backcountry
Archaeological Resources Protection Act Hotline: 800-227-7286.
There is no camping within the ghost town.
There are no hiking trails within the ghost town.