Wildlife Refuges and Conservation Areas
Here you'll find a linked list of visited wildlife refuges, conservation areas, waterfowl management areas, and related locations.
Wildlife refuges, preserves, and management and conservation areas are often overlooked as sources of outdoor recreation. Though camping in most wildlife refuges is prohibited, there is usually some limited hiking possibilities and a wide range of wildlife observation opportunities. We've organized links to the wildlife refuge and conservation area Web sites by state.
- Mono Lake Tufa State Reserve / Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area
- Taylor Creek Stream Profile Chamber
- Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- City of Rocks National Reserve
- Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve
- Oregon Trail-Bear Lake Scenic Byway
- Thousand Springs Preserve
- DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge
- Fontenelle Forest Nature Center
- Grove Lake Wildlife Management Area
- Wildcat Hills State Recreation Area
- Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge
- Cascade Springs
- Corner Canyon Preserve
- Desert Lake Waterfowl Management Area
- Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area
- Fish Springs National Wildlife Refuge
- Joshua Tree Road Scenic Byway
- Robert N. Hasenyager Great Salt Lake Nature Center
Remember to bookmark this site before you venture off down these side trails. They lead to other Web sites that we do not control. We cannot vouch for the content on, nor do we endorse, these sites. The following links are intended to assist you in your quest for further related information. If you discover a broken link, or a link with inappropriate content, or know of a link that should be listed here, please let us know.
More Outside Links