||$5.00 per vehicle, or $3.00 per pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist. See the Recreation Area Fees and Reservations page for more details.
||The Recreation Area and roads are open daily, except The Chains and Sunset Hill overlooks, which are open during daylight hours only. See Recreation Area Operating Hours and Seasons for more details.
- Bullfrog Visitor Center: From April through October, this Visitor Center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone: 435-684-2243.
- Carl Hayden Visitor Center: This Visitor Center has a large-scale relief map of the Colorado Plateau region that can help you to orient yourself. Open daily all year except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with longer hours in the summer. Phone: 520-608-6405.
- Escalante Interagency Visitor Center: Provides information for the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, and US Forest Service. Located in Escalante, this Visitor Center is open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily, April through October; and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, November through March. Phone: 435-826-4315.
- Navajo Bridge Interpretive Center: Near Lees Ferry, this Visitor Center features outdoor exhibits and a pedestrian walkway over the Colorado River. It is open April through November, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone: 928-355-2319.
- Bullfrog Medical Center: Open from the beginning of May through the beginning of October to handle both emergency and routine medical services. Phone: 435-684-2288.
- Ferry Service: Two ferries, the John Atlantic Burr and the Charles Hall, operate May through September between Bullfrog and Halls Crossing marinas at mid-lake, at State Route 276. During the rest of the year, one ferry operates. Owned by the State of Utah, the ferries accommodate a variety of vehicles on frequently scheduled daytime passages. Ferries accommodate up to 150 people and approximately 22 vehicles. The 3.2 mile, 27 minute, trip across the water saves up to 130 road miles. Basic fees range from $3.00 for adult walk-on passengers and $12.00 for vehicles less than 20 feet long. Phone: 435-684-7000 or 435-684-3088 (for recorded messages).
- Glen Canyon Dam and the Wahweap Marina are near Page, Arizona, on Highway 89.
- North sections of the area, Bullfrog, Halls Crossing, and Hite, and the Orange Cliffs, may be reached from Highways 95 and 276.
- Escalante is on Utah 12.
- Lees Ferry and the Navajo Bridge Interpretive Center are off of Highway 89A near Marble Canyon.
- Get directions from Google Maps.
- Get directions from MapQuest.
- NPS Directions.
||Map Coordinates (NAD83): 37 01.048N; 111 26.875W.